2020 Toyota Highlander Reviews
The Toyota Highlander was a solid choice for Marietta families in 2019, but a full redesign in 2020 has put this third-row SUV far ahead of the pack. It’s easy to see why thanks to the improvements across the board and new standard features in all their areas Smyrna drivers care about most.
Read below to see what the Toyota Highlander reviews say about the 2020 Highlander’s new standard safety, infotainment, and interior features. When you’ve found a model you love in our new Highlander inventory, contact us to schedule a test drive!
What’s New for the Highlander in 2020?
When it comes to the Toyota Highlander in snow, reviews are positive about new off-road settings.The 2020 iteration’s full redesign sees improvements in every category:
- Sleeker exterior styling for improved aerodynamics and an extra 2 inches of length.
- Larger 8-inch touch screen vs. a 6.1-screen for the 2019 model.
- New standard interior features including three-zone automatic climate control, proximity key entry, and automatic windows in the front and back.
- New standard infotainment features including Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and Amazon Alexa.
- New performance features to improve traction on rugged terrain, including a Multi-Terrain Select system with settings for Mud & Sand and Rock & Dirt.
- New base L trim.
How about trim levels? Of all the 2020 Highlander trims, the Toyota Highlander XLE reviews show it’s the favorite among critics:
- Car and Driver: “In our view, the mid-range XLE is the pick of the litter. It adds heated front seats, a wireless smartphone-charging pad, and a power sunroof, among other niceties. We’d also spring for the Premium Audio with Dynamic Navigation package, which adds in-dash navigation and an upgraded audio system. All-wheel drive is optional but adds $1600 to the bottom line; opting for the hybrid powertrain over the standard V-6 would cost an extra $1400.”
Here’s What the Experts are Saying
What about the Toyota highlander 3rd-row review? Reviewers agree that all three provide ample head- and legroom and a comfortable ride for all passengers.
- Edmunds: “On the inside, Toyota has noticeably improved the quality of the cabin materials. There is also a standard 8-inch touchscreen or a new 12.3-inch display on top-line Platinum trims. Perhaps even more important, both support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration this year.”
- US News: “Just like the 2019 Toyota Highlander, the 2020 Highlander comes with a lot of standard safety features compared to rivals, including automatic emergency braking, pedestrian detection, adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, and automatic high beams. New for this year are lane tracing assist, which helps you steer on the highway, and a road sign reading system.”
- Kelley Blue Book: “The Highlander is a great vehicle. It is among the most recommendable 3-row midsize SUVs available, with easy manners, great practicality, and a sterling reputation for reliability and resale value. […] This 4th-gen Toyota Highlander is bigger, has more tech, and new amenities. The V6 powertrain carries over, while the Highlander Hybrid now uses a more efficient 4-cylinder engine.”
2020 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Reviews
Reviewers are raving about this year’s upgrades to the 2020 Highlander Hybrid, as well as its class-leading EPA-estimated mpg:
- US News and World Report: “Toyota’s Redesigned 2020 Highlander Hybrid Is bold, chiseled, and more efficient. The current iteration of the Highlander Hybrid boasts outstanding fuel efficiency, loads of standard safety equipment, and a luxury-grade cabin. […] In addition to the new platform, Toyota has upped the Highlander Hybrid’s appeal with a bolder stance, new safety features, improved fuel economy, and an available, class-topping 12.3-inch infotainment display. Also, for the first time ever, the Highlander Hybrid will be offered in a front-wheel-drive configuration to attract a new group of SUV shoppers.”
- Cars.com: “[T]he Highlander Hybrid has impressive efficiency potential and no clear rival. The closest was to be Ford’s new Explorer Hybrid, but the latter is so much costlier that it’s hard to fathom anyone cross-shopping the two.”
Test Drive a 2020 Highlander in Marietta!
Ready to take the next step? Contact our finance department to get pre-approved for financing. We’ll work with you on a lease or finance deal to fit your budget so you can drive home to Atlanta in a 2020 Highlander your whole family will love.