2021 Toyota Sienna Safety Ratings
If you’re in the market for a new family van, then you want a vehicle that will keep you and your passengers safe every time you’re on Kennesaw roads. As one of four minivans on the market, the Toyota Sienna has some of the highest safety ratings in its class. In addition to being a Toyota model – which are well known for their reliability and longevity – the Toyota Sienna model’s 2021 redesign added new safety features and one of the most advanced driver-assist safety systems in its class. Read more about the 2021 Toyota Sienna safety reviews with Marietta Toyota below, then read more about the 2021 Toyota Sienna features.
Looking for the 2022 Toyota Sienna safety reviews? The 2022 Toyota Sienna safety ratings haven’t been released yet, but there are no major changes to the Sienna for its 2022 model year, meaning it will share similar – if not the same – safety ratings as the 2021 model.
Toyota Sienna Safety Reviews
The 2021 Toyota Sienna safety reviews are clear: the Sienna is one of the safest minivans available on the market, and one of only two minivan models earning the IIHS Top Safety Pick + rating – the other being the Honda Odyssey. From headlights to side-impact ratings, to its driver-assist safety systems, the Toyota Sienna safety reviews showcase a vehicle that’s designed with your protection in mind on Atlanta roads. See what the IIHS, NHTSA, and other vehicle critics had to say about the Toyota Sienna safety reviews below:
- Top Safety Pick + Award
- “Good” rating in all areas – the highest rating a vehicle can achieve.
- Five Stars – the highest rating a vehicle can achieve.
- “The all-new 2021 Sienna earns the highest possible ratings in all IIHS assessments, including for headlight performance and LATCH anchor access, with one exception. Its performance in vehicle-to-pedestrian front crash prevention scores one rung down from the top rating.”
- “Compared to the 2020 model, the [redesigned] 2021 Sienna performed better in the IIHS’ crash tests. The all-new minivan earned a “Good” rating in all six tests.”
- “In the minivan world, the 2021 Toyota Sienna is a very big deal…A new Sienna has been overdue, but Toyota used the extra years to develop a van that moves the ball far downfield…We consider it one of our two top-recommended minivans along with the Pacifica Hybrid (although the Toyota did ultimately win our Sienna vs Pacifica Hybrid comparison test).”
Toyota Sienna Safety Technology
Now that you’ve read the 2021 Toyota Sienna safety reviews, you may be wondering what, exactly, makes this vehicle so safe to drive in Smyrna. In each model, there is a suite of Toyota Sienna safety technology to help drivers keep an eye out for potential hazards and stay safe in the event of a collision. Read about the standard Toyota Sienna safety technology systems and features, and the Toyota Sienna airbag locations below:
- Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 (TSS-2.0) – Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD), Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA), Lane Tracing Assist (LTA), Automatic High Beams (AHB), Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC), Road Sign Assist (RSA).
- Star Safety System™- includes Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology® (SST).
- Ten airbags – includes driver and front passenger Advanced Airbag System, driver, front passenger and second-row outboard seat-mounted side airbags, driver knee airbag, front passenger seat-cushion airbag, side curtain airbags.
- Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS) with direct pressure readout and individual tire location alert.
- Child-protector rear door locks.
- Tire repair kit.
- 3-point seatbelts for all seating positions; driver-side Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) and Automatic/ Emergency Locking Retractors (ALR/ELR) on all passenger seatbelts.
- Adjustable seatbelt anchors on front and outboard second-row seats and driver and front passenger seatbelt pretensioners with force limiters.
- Five LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) locations: includes lower anchors on all three second-row seats, and passenger side and center third-row seats
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC).
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA) with Rear Cross-Traffic Braking (RCTB).
- Anti-theft system with alarm and engine immobilizer.
Test Drive the Toyota Sienna at Marietta Toyota
The Toyota Sienna safety reviews and technology make it the preferred minivan for Marietta drivers, but don’t just take our word for it! Come test drive the 2021 and 2022 Toyota Sienna models at our dealership to see why so many families choose the Toyota Sienna year after year. Our friendly team will help you find the right Sienna trim level for your commute and our new vehicle specials will help you save on your purchase. Apply for financing today to get behind the wheel of a new Toyota Sienna!
More from Marietta Toyota
Looking for a reliable new ride in the Smyrna area? Look no further than the 2022 Toyota Camry! This impressive mid-size sedan comes available in a wide variety of trim levels, including a number of hybrid options, so you’re sure to find something that fits your lifestyle and budget. Each trim level offers its own…
If you’re like most Marietta drivers, you don’t want to have to empty your bank account just to keep your gas tank full. Thankfully, you won’t have to, thanks to the fuel efficiency of the newToyota Avalon. What is the mpg of a Toyota Avalon? You can expect to reach an estimated 43 miles per…
When you’re ready to bring home your next efficient sedan on the Smyrna roads, perhaps the most exciting part is finding it in a style you’ll love to show off. That’s just what you’ll get with the new selection of exterior and interior 2022 Toyota Corolla colors. No matter if you’re looking at the new…