5 Tips to Becoming a More Fuel-Efficient Driver
If you’re looking to save money on gas in Smyrna, you’ll want to take a look at our tips for becoming a more fuel efficient driver. You’ll both reduce fuel costs and help the environment by producing fewer emissions. Explore the best advice on improving efficiency from Marietta Toyota, or turn to us for an efficient new Toyota Prius or Toyota RAV4.
How Can I Increase Fuel Efficiency?
- If you slam the gas pedal to the floor, that sends a considerable amount of fuel to the engine and wastes fuel in the process. However, if you accelerate slowly, that can help to reduce the fuel used to get up to the same speed. If your car has a turbocharger, it can burn even more fuel if you accelerate quickly.
- It’s important to pay attention when you’re driving and plan ahead. If you accelerate suddenly or stop quickly, that will reduce your fuel efficiency.
- Let’s say you need to visit the grocery store, pick up the kids from school, and stop by the East Lake Shopping Center near Atlanta. If you combine errands into one trip, you’ll save on fuel compared to taking three separate trips.
- Whenever you can, try to coast rather than using the brakes. Obviously you’ll have to use your brakes in many situations, but it takes gas to return your vehicle to its earlier speed.
- If you follow the speed limit, you’ll more likely get better fuel economy. Driving aggressively requires faster acceleration, more braking, and most vehicles return their best efficiency below 50 mph.
Fuel Efficient Vehicles at Marietta Toyota
Marietta Toyota is happy to offer a range of vehicles with strong fuel economy numbers. Take a look at these options before you visit our showroom near Kennesaw:
- 2019 Toyota Camry – 29 mpg city/41 mpg highway
- 2018 Toyota Prius – 54 mpg city/50 mpg highway
- 2019 Toyota Corolla – 28 mpg city/36 mpg highway
- 2018 Toyota RAV4 – 23 mpg city/30 mpg highway
More From Marietta Toyota
How much can a 2022 Toyota RAV4 tow? When equipped with Torque Vectoring AWD, the 2022 Toyota RAV4 towing capacity reaches an impressive 3,500 pounds! Okay, so what can a 2022 Toyota RAV4 tow, exactly? The team at Marietta Toyota has all the details below! New RAV4 InventoryMore Research 2022 Toyota RAV4 Engine Options How…
If you’re looking for a three-row SUV for your Smyrna family, we highly recommend the 2022 Toyota Highlander. The Toyota Highlander is the complete package with its impressive efficiency, next-level performance, and stylish design. But exactly how many miles per gallon does the 2022 Toyota Highlander get? The Toyota Highlander achieves up to an…
Has the time come for you to reinvigorate your travels? Whether you’re looking for an efficient daily driver or a powerful weekend warrior, the new Toyota Tacoma is the perfect match for your wishlist! This agile pickup truck offers an ideal blend of efficiency and muscle to help you take on tough tasks in…