5 Tips to Becoming a More Fuel-Efficient Driver
If you’re looking to save money on gas in Smyrna, you’ll want to take a look at our tips for becoming a more fuel efficient driver. You’ll both reduce fuel costs and help the environment by producing fewer emissions. Explore the best advice on improving efficiency from Marietta Toyota, or turn to us for an efficient new Toyota Prius or Toyota RAV4.
How Can I Increase Fuel Efficiency?
- If you slam the gas pedal to the floor, that sends a considerable amount of fuel to the engine and wastes fuel in the process. However, if you accelerate slowly, that can help to reduce the fuel used to get up to the same speed. If your car has a turbocharger, it can burn even more fuel if you accelerate quickly.
- It’s important to pay attention when you’re driving and plan ahead. If you accelerate suddenly or stop quickly, that will reduce your fuel efficiency.
- Let’s say you need to visit the grocery store, pick up the kids from school, and stop by the East Lake Shopping Center near Atlanta. If you combine errands into one trip, you’ll save on fuel compared to taking three separate trips.
- Whenever you can, try to coast rather than using the brakes. Obviously you’ll have to use your brakes in many situations, but it takes gas to return your vehicle to its earlier speed.
- If you follow the speed limit, you’ll more likely get better fuel economy. Driving aggressively requires faster acceleration, more braking, and most vehicles return their best efficiency below 50 mph.
Fuel Efficient Vehicles at Marietta Toyota
Marietta Toyota is happy to offer a range of vehicles with strong fuel economy numbers. Take a look at these options before you visit our showroom near Kennesaw:
- 2019 Toyota Camry – 29 mpg city/41 mpg highway
- 2018 Toyota Prius – 54 mpg city/50 mpg highway
- 2019 Toyota Corolla – 28 mpg city/36 mpg highway
- 2018 Toyota RAV4 – 23 mpg city/30 mpg highway
More From Marietta Toyota
From its phenomenal safety ratings to its suite of comfort and convenience features, the Toyota RAV4 is a compact crossover that even the most discerning drivers in Smyrna can get behind. But how many miles per gallon does the 2022 Toyota RAV4 get? That depends on the configuration you choose, but you can expect…
Drivers all over Smyrna and Atlanta rave about the power and capabilities of the Tacoma, but is the 2022 Toyota Tacoma fuel-efficient? The answer is yes! The 2022 Toyota Tacoma mpg impresses with up to 24 mpg highway*, so you can feel free to take the scenic route on your next Kennesaw adventure! Find…
Offering three rows of seating and a suite of standard safety features, the new Toyota 4Runner is ideal for your growing Smyrna family. But how much can a Toyota 4Runner tow? No matter which trim level you choose, the 2022 Toyota 4Runner towing capacity is 5,000 pounds. Learn more about what is possible with…