5 Tips to Becoming a More Fuel-Efficient Driver
If you’re looking to save money on gas in Marietta, you’ll want to take a look at our tips for becoming a more fuel efficient driver. You’ll both reduce fuel costs and help the environment by producing fewer emissions. Explore the best advice on improving efficiency from Marietta Toyota, or turn to us for an efficient new Toyota Prius or Toyota RAV4.
How Can I Increase Fuel Efficiency?
- If you slam the gas pedal to the floor, that sends a considerable amount of fuel to the engine and wastes fuel in the process. However, if you accelerate slowly, that can help to reduce the fuel used to get up to the same speed. If your car has a turbocharger, it can burn even more fuel if you accelerate quickly.
- It’s important to pay attention when you’re driving and plan ahead. If you accelerate suddenly or stop quickly, that will reduce your fuel efficiency.
- Let’s say you need to visit the grocery store, pick up the kids from school, and stop by the East Lake Shopping Center near Smyrna. If you combine errands into one trip, you’ll save on fuel compared to taking three separate trips.
- Whenever you can, try to coast rather than using the brakes. Obviously you’ll have to use your brakes in many situations, but it takes gas to return your vehicle to its earlier speed.
- If you follow the speed limit, you’ll more likely get better fuel economy. Driving aggressively requires faster acceleration, more braking, and most vehicles return their best efficiency below 50 mph.
Fuel Efficient Vehicles at Marietta Toyota
Marietta Toyota is happy to offer a range of vehicles with strong fuel economy numbers. Take a look at these options before you visit our showroom near Atlanta:
- 2019 Toyota Camry – 29 mpg city/41 mpg highway
- 2018 Toyota Prius – 54 mpg city/50 mpg highway
- 2019 Toyota Corolla – 28 mpg city/36 mpg highway
- 2018 Toyota RAV4 – 23 mpg city/30 mpg highway
More From Marietta Toyota
If you’re narrowing down your choices for the Marietta roads, you might be wondering, “What is the towing capacity of a Toyota Tundra?” The 2020 Toyota Tundra towing capacity varies depending on your trim level and options, but you can expect a towing range between 8,800 to 10,200 pounds with a payload capacity of 1,520…
When properly equipped, the 2019 Toyota RAV4 towing capacity is 1,500 pounds, allowing drivers to safely and comfortably tow a small trailer or boat around the Marietta area. With the advanced Adventure trim, you can tow up to 3,500 pounds. The RAV4 also has a payload capacity of up to 1,240 pounds. Learn More View…
Are you looking for a reliable sport utility vehicle that can handle all of your weekend getaways and towing needs? No other SUV can do the job safely and smoothly quite like the 2019 Toyota Highlander. The new Highlander offers drivers the capability to tow their boat or trailer from Atlanta for a fun weekend…