5 Tips to Becoming a More Fuel-Efficient Driver
If you’re looking to save money on gas in Marietta, you’ll want to take a look at our tips for becoming a more fuel efficient driver. You’ll both reduce fuel costs and help the environment by producing fewer emissions. Explore the best advice on improving efficiency from Marietta Toyota, or turn to us for an efficient new Toyota Prius or Toyota RAV4.
How Can I Increase Fuel Efficiency?
- If you slam the gas pedal to the floor, that sends a considerable amount of fuel to the engine and wastes fuel in the process. However, if you accelerate slowly, that can help to reduce the fuel used to get up to the same speed. If your car has a turbocharger, it can burn even more fuel if you accelerate quickly.
- It’s important to pay attention when you’re driving and plan ahead. If you accelerate suddenly or stop quickly, that will reduce your fuel efficiency.
- Let’s say you need to visit the grocery store, pick up the kids from school, and stop by the East Lake Shopping Center near Smyrna. If you combine errands into one trip, you’ll save on fuel compared to taking three separate trips.
- Whenever you can, try to coast rather than using the brakes. Obviously you’ll have to use your brakes in many situations, but it takes gas to return your vehicle to its earlier speed.
- If you follow the speed limit, you’ll more likely get better fuel economy. Driving aggressively requires faster acceleration, more braking, and most vehicles return their best efficiency below 50 mph.
Fuel Efficient Vehicles at Marietta Toyota
Marietta Toyota is happy to offer a range of vehicles with strong fuel economy numbers. Take a look at these options before you visit our showroom near Atlanta:
- 2019 Toyota Camry – 29 mpg city/41 mpg highway
- 2018 Toyota Prius – 54 mpg city/50 mpg highway
- 2019 Toyota Corolla – 28 mpg city/36 mpg highway
- 2018 Toyota RAV4 – 23 mpg city/30 mpg highway
More From Marietta Toyota
If you are looking for parts and accessories for your 2019 Toyota Tacoma, the Marietta Toyota parts department should be your first stop! We offer a variety of high-quality, genuine OEM auto parts that range from exterior steps to towing accessories. Learn more about the available Tacoma parts at Marietta Toyota. Learn More View Inventory Interior Accessories…
With a great starting price, superior resale value estimates, and fuel economy that puts most competitors to shame, the 2019 Toyota Camry is one of the smartest purchases in its segment! Explore the Toyota Camry mpg with Marietta Toyota to find out if it’s a good fit for your drives around Marietta and Sandy Springs. 2019 Camry…
Drivers near Smyrna and Marietta have been awaiting the 2020 Toyota Supra since the FT-1 concept car was first unveiled in 2014, and with the official launch occurring sometime later this year, we now know more than ever before about its impressive capabilities! Take a closer look at the 2020 Toyota Supra specs before it…